Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bored Stiff

You all know how excited we have been to have Steph graduated and working, so it may surprise you to know that I am not all that excited anymore. The combination of Steph working, Steph constantly studying for the N-CLEX (Wednesday), and my light school schedule (one class) have left me so bored that I've taken up reading. Steph is only working 3 times a week but it feels more like 5. On the days that she works, she is up by 5, out the door by 5:45, and doesn't get home until close to 7. When she gets home, she has a quick bite and then hits the books. The days that she doesn't work are filled with studying. What a trooper! She is understandably nervous about the test, but she has put in the work and will do great! We should have her results on Thursday and will let you all know.

The most fun that we've had in a while was Friday when we went to see The Kite Runner, which was a great, eye-opening, movie. It is set in Afghanistan, which made us think of Mark and Amber who start their deployment on Tuesday. I have a hard time telling them how I feel, so I hope they read this. Mark and Amber are two of our heroes. Everyone should give them a call and let them know how proud we are of them. Thanks for your sacrifice guys! We love you.

On a lighter note, one of the best things ever is back in stores. Dreyers' Thin Mint ice cream is by far the best ice cream ever! Since it was pulled from the shelves in April I have looked for it every single time we have gone to the store. If you don't believe me just ask Steph. I love it! Since its return on Thursday, I have had at least one shake a day and have gone through two half gallons. Just try it and I'm sure you'll agree.

11 comments:

angela said...

Good luck to Steph. I know how you feel Greg. I spent years living like that while Mike was finishing up school. I hated those lonely nights alone.

Mike just finished reading Kite Runner. I'm trying to figure out if I can handle reading it too. He thought it was great.

Okay, my favorite ice cream flavor is mint but I'm not sure if I've had the thin mint. Sounds marvelous.

Melissa said...

Good Luck Steph! Bet you both can't wait til it's over!!!
I'll have to try that ice cream and add Kite Runner to our netflix list seeing as we never can get out to a movie these days.

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

The great thing about thin mint ice cream is that its got the mint and the chocolate. I like mint ice cream but I need the chocolate too.

The Garners said...

So, Feef...we will get the room ready for your stay! I know you've studied your butt off! Watch out for old man winter however...we hear it's going to snow!

And Greg, perhaps Steph being gone will be good, in a way. When Patrick was gone every day to SUU, and then came home long enough to change and go to work until 11pm, I never saw him either. And I gained like 20 pounds from eating "I'm lonely" ice cream and other various treats! While a sucky situation for my newly fat butt...it might be a solution to your chronic skinniness! Good Luck with that!!

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Oooh, go easy on the ice cream Greg! It sounds dangerous.

I completely agree with you about Mark and Amber. There really is something truly amazing about service men and women willing to give everything for you. They both are truly incredible people, and we'll definitely be keeping them in our prayers.

Good luck on your exam Steph!

Alli said...

Seeing as how Steph will be taking her test soon, I thought I'd better leave a comment before it actually happens. Steph-you have studied SO hard, and judging by some of the nurses we have at Primary's, if they were able to pass that test you will definately ace it.

I told dad about Kite Runner and we were going to see it over the holidays but never got around to it, but now that we heard a good review, it is on my list.

Greg, enjoy the boredom while you can cause it won't last long. You'll be back in the "can't I just have a minute to breath" phase before long.

campblondie said...

If you need a new twist on the mint shake thing, ask dad to send you some of his mint jelly (that has incidentally been in their refrigerator for the past couple of decades I think.)

-Davor

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

That is the sickest thing I've ever heard!

James Walker said...

Good luck with the NCLEX! I'm sure you will do fine. Ashely can relate with stress level. Greg you need to come down here and sample some Bluebell ice cream!

angela said...

We're dying here! How'd you do Steph? I'm sure it's such a huge relief to have it over.

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

No word yet. We're not sure when we'll get the results. We'll let you know as soon as we do. Steph is nervous, but that is to be expected.

 
Blog Design By:Lara Lou