Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bears and Celebs

That's right! We had our first bear sighting today! It was awesome! It was a pretty big black bear and it came right down onto our stairs and tried to chew open our trash can. After about 20 minutes of trying it decided to give up, much to the dismay of the hundred-or-so people that had come to watch it. As you can see from the picture I was able to get pretty close without it even noticing me.


When we got back to work there was a big ole group of people in the store and they were ready to buy. The guy walked in and handed me his card and then told his group of about 20 to get some stuff. That alone was pretty exciting. Then I saw his wife. It was Jamie Gurtz. You may remember her from Twister (the therapist fiancee of Bill Paxton), or from the sitcom Still Standing, or if those don't ring any bells she was Jerry Seinfeld's girlfriend that couldn't spare a square for Elaine. She was super nice and she even took a picture with some of our girls. She loved our store. In the end they spent about 800 dollars which is the biggest sale we have ever had here. It was a fun day!


6 comments:

Angie Helm Interiors said...

I'm soooo jealous! I have always wanted to see a bear up close. I guess I'm stuck going to "Bear World" in Idaho......wah, wah! Wow, Jamie Gertz too? You guys are having such an adventure, and its totally gorgeous there! Did I mention that I was jealous?

campblondie said...

Ha, Ha, crazy 'ol francois in that bear suit again.

Alli said...

Isn't it interesting how excited we get about celebs? It can be a little ridiculous yet fun at the same time. Man, I don't know if I would be really excited about walking out of my apartment and seeing a black bear, or really nervous. Thinking about it now, I would of course be really excited but come the actual run in...I'd probably be a little nervous

campblondie said...

Macy: "That's not very good food if you want to know that bear!"

Charlie: "That's aaaaaammmmaaazing!"

Just thought I would post their comments upon seeing the bear post.

Greg * Steph * Andrew said...

Macy should tell the bums here that the trash isn't very good food because they seem to love it!

angela said...

I would have freaked seeing a bear like that. I'll stick to the Bear World that Ang mentioned. OK, Jamie Gertz doesn't even look familiar to me but I do remember the spare a square Seinfeld episode.

 
Blog Design By:Lara Lou