Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Random

I got home from work tonight, Greg has class and elders quorum meetings all night and I need to stay awake until he gets home because he thinks I won't be able to, so I decided I would post some random things I have been thinking about lately.

*The TV show on FOX about telling the truth is STUPID! Who would ever want to go on that show. Deal or No Deal on the other hand- I would be on that show!
*Tuesday night TV is jammed packed. It's always a toss up between Biggest Loser and American Idol. Biggest Loser has been winning. Love that show! (Want to be on that show too)
*The Bachelor Where are they Now is on next Monday. Don't worry I put it on the calender.
*Thanks to the person who invented the Tubex. (its a neat thing to give IV meds with)
*The edge brownie pan is awesome (a special pan so your brownies have as least two edges on every piece, genius) Thanks Aunt Kathleen for that one.
*The hospital cafeteria just upped their prices. I want to strike!
*We finally have insurance! We were supposed to go to the dentist this past Monday, but we had our very first insurance problem. Gotta love them!
*It's sad but I feel that I need as many pairs of scrubs as I do clothes. And I am constantly looking for cute new ones.
*It's a good feeling when you have money left over after you pay the bills.
*It's always more fun to eat treats when there is a reason (whether it is made up or real)!
*I love walking down the easter candy isle. But is dangerous!
*I need to stop making up excuses for why I can't get back on my diet. It's really getting ridiculous.
*Waking up at 5:00 am is hard, but only for about the first 10 min.
*Living in our one bedroom apartment is getting REALLY old! I want to move so bad!
*Just when you think your making progress in paying off debt, your car won't pass state inspection and you will have to replace tires and the windshield. I can think of a lot of other things I would buy with that money. Oh well, gotta have a car, because I'm not much of a fan of the scooter. But Greg loves it!
*The weather in St. George is GREAT! This is when you want to live here! (I won't be bragging in July)!

I think thats probably sufficient although I probably could keep going.

6 comments:

The Garners said...

I truly enjoy this random entry. And here's a few random responses...
The truth show may be stupid, but it is also like a train wreck that you just HAVE to watch. And that's why it will probably win an emmy.

The brownie edge pan was on the Oprah invention show, and lost. I thought it was genius, and I'm glad that it has been produced, and also that it lives up to it's claims.

Don't strike over cafeteria prices. Didn't you see what a mess the writers strike caused. Don't be a trouble maker.

Enjoy having money left over after bills. Cause here's the reality. No matter how much money you make, very quickly that amount will be the amount you "need" and you won't have any left over. In fact, you'll need more. And thus the circle of material goods begins. Unfortunately the only alternative is becoming a nun. And that just brings it's own set of problems. Like, no outfit choices.

angela said...

Edge brownie pan? You must be an edge fan. I'm not, therefore, don't get me this for Christmas.

We've been watching that truth show too, but for reasons your sister has suggested. It's hard to turn it off even though it makes me sooo uncomfortable to watch.

Did you stay up until Greg got home? I know how you are with late nights.

Angie Helm Interiors said...

I will also have to add the Bachelor where are they now to my DVR recordings. Thanks for letting me know!

I think I hate insurance companies. I am still fighting with them on a claim from last year.

I have bad memories of the LDS hospital cafeteria, so I hope your's is better. The cost of everything is going up these days, it stinks!

Alli said...

I love reading about random things people are thinking.
I agree with the scrubs idea. Look at IHC's discount program. You get a % off at certain places when you buy multiples.
I had no idea the Bachelor where are they now was on next week. You'd better believe I'll be watching that. I'll probably DVR it too. I think my next post will have to be about my guilt pleasures since that's what many people are doing these days and since I have many shows like the Bachelor that I watch.
And like your sister said, when you think you're getting caught up on bills, you accumulate more. Just face it, bills are never caught up. They're continual!

me and him said...

you wake up at 5AM?? you've always been a go getter! i've never heard of an edge brownie pan, looks like i need to watch oprah more! but i plan to google it as soon as i'm done writing this comment. and about having money after bills....well, if you like that feeling, than kids are not the answer!

Alli said...

So did you watch the bachelor? I was at work, but made sure I could watch it when I got home. They didn't say a whole lot about Andy and Tessa and my favorite bachelorette, Meredith. I don't think this next season looks all that exciting either!

 
Blog Design By:Lara Lou