Thursday, March 13, 2008

Nerd in the Making

I'm one step closer to being the nerd that Steph thought I was when she met me. I got glasses today. That along with the allergies that I've developed in the past few years and I'm a pocket protector away from being a full fledged nerd. It's a big change, but I'm actually pretty excited about it. It's been a little tough getting used them today, but I can really see a lot better. I also hope that they will make me look a little older. Maybe people will think that I'm 22 instead of 18. Did it work for you Davor? So let me know what you think. Oh, and let me remind all of you that see this as an opportunity to roast me, that most of you wear glasses too.


Also, we bought Dan In Real Life today, and can I just say that it has to be the best chick flick ever.

9 comments:

Angie Helm Interiors said...

Okay, George Mcfly anyone? Forget David Archuletta. I do wear glasses (sometimes), but mostly I just drive blind, so look out, I might be the person on the road right next to you!

campblondie said...

You can use my inhaler anytime you want to be a serious nerd. By the by, glasses are soooo not nerdy.
I think that about rounds out the whole fam doesn't it? I don't know if Amber has glasses but I think Allison and I are the only ones holding strong.

angela said...

Ah, glasses. Have to agree with Kelly. They aren't nerdy. They have so many cool styles now. They look good on you, but sadly you still look young. But that's not a bad thing either. I don't like that my looks are starting to catch up to my age. I'll be 25 (again) next week by the way.

Melissa said...

I like them!
I always wished I had bad eye sight so I'd have a reason to get cool glasses. Maybe someday.
Pretty sure that makes me a nerd because I want them and don't need them.

Davoire said...

Greg, it sounds like you're aspiring to be a nerd! Whatever floats your boat little bro.... With that quest in mind, you might want to start carrying some Binaca around with you.

I find facial hair helps with the age thing. If you don't grow it, no sweat; I'm sure you could always pick some up from your drama department.

Alli said...

I bought Dan In Real Life too and we're watching it right now. Never seen it so you'd better not be lying. As for the glasses, I don't wear them so I can tell you you really do look like a nerd. I even showed grandma the picture and she started laughing. Alright, she didn't laugh out loud but I'm sure she wanted to.

The Garners said...

I think you look distinguished. The "nerd" factor is more of an aura and less a result of a specific object. (Just kidding...you know we luv ya!)

Davoire said...

Going on week 3 now...

The Garners said...

I'm now getting over seeing Greg in his new glasses every time I check on your blog. Time for some fresh insights into the Orton home!

 
Blog Design By:Lara Lou