Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life in St. George

So nothing exciting, but I just have to say how beautiful St. George is. Today it was 61 degrees and I enjoyed a wonderful run in the 61 degrees. I am pretty sure that is the perfect weather for running. I hate not being close to my family, but being here in this wonderful weather with clean air makes me happy. Anyway with that out of the way...

Greg and I have wanted to make salmon for like our whole marriage, but have always been too intimidated (and I didn't want my house to smell fishy). Good news! We bought salmon at Costco this weekend, cooked it up, and it was excellent! The house did smell a little like fish, but not bad. The smell was worth the wonderful tasting salmon. I know not all of you are fish lovers, but we really like it and now that I know we can make it, I'm sure we will be having it more often. Now the next thing I want to conquer is making rolls. I just need to visit Lara for some lessons. You up to that sis? She has so much knowledge to share with her favorite sister. I'm ready to soak it all up!

To sum it all up...if you like clear skies, warm weather, and yummy salmon for dinner come visit us here in St. George!

8 comments:

The Garners said...

I like clear skies and warm weather...salmon...well....it makes me want to puke. But Patrick and Will love it. So you can feed them salmon while I'm out sunning myself.

I still have 2 bags of mashed potatoes left in my freezer, and one of them has your name on it. Come and I'll show you how to ruin your dieting forever! (I ate 5 rolls yesterday, and finished them off with 3 this morning...now they are continuing their lives...as rolls...on my gut!)

Celeste said...

that is ambitious! I'm afraid my odds aren't so good. And even if I could cook it, nobody at our house would eat it. If I ever get up the nerve, we'll have you over. (And we'll eat spaghetti :)

Unknown said...

Oh I miss St. George!! But then I get to look forward to Parade of Homes every year! Try Halibut...it's really easy to make and it didn't make my house smell fishy at all!

Melissa said...

Salmon and lemon rice is one of our favorite meals. Even our kids LOVE it, so we eat it a lot. I'd be happy to pass on our lemon rice recipe if you want it. Actually it's Justin's sister's recipe. Really easy and REALLY good.
Way to go! I wish I was out running today. So stinken cold here still, plus it's a little harder with 3 kids in tow.

me and him said...

i'm on my way!! love it all!!

Anonymous said...

Steph! Actually, I do need a little help, I need to find a tons of fake trees (not xmas trees), and tons of white xmas lights?! Do you know anyone with alot of both that I can borrow one night in March?
Thanks :)))))))

angela said...

Not a fish fan myself but I'm hoping we'll make it down to see you soon.

campblondie said...

Salmon is our go too Sunday dinner! It is so fast, and so easy! I'll have to forward a couple of our favorite recipes for Salmon on. So yoummy! And yes, 61 degrees is the perfect running weather I'm sure of it.

 
Blog Design By:Lara Lou